Hello! I’m Aimee LaLiberte — and it should come as no surprise, handling all things bookkeeping for business owners is kinda my thing.
People come to me when they’re feeling overwhelmed by their business financials. Some have receipts and bank statements tucked into boxes, others seek a better bookkeeping system that minimizes the time they spend on financial tasks, and others are eager to partner with me to remove bookkeeping completely off their plates. Together, we build a bookkeeping system that is simple and straightforward. Streamlined bookkeeping creates a confident money mindset and renewed focused for business owners - who are then ready to keep rocking the businesses they love!
I have a 16+ year background in bookkeeping, creating processes, and fundraising. From non-profits to for-profit businesses, solopreneurs to small businesses - I’ve worked with them all.
I bring a very pragmatic and honest approach to your business bookkeeping. While I am willing to bet bookkeeping isn’t the reason you launched your dream business, it’s the reason I created mine. I know what you need to do to make and keep bookkeeping simple and will teach you how to automate some of those pesky tasks!
The Wellness Bookkeeper is not my first business - for about 5 years I ran a successful custom dress business called Style for Grace.
That’s my professional life in a nutshell.
I know, you're dying to know more!
...Or you're just trying to avoid dinner clean-up - I get it - the struggle is real - even with a dishwasher! Here are eight more facts about me...
- I was a competitive swimmer for 12 years - my events were all long distance freestyle. 200-500-1000 yard freestyle- I was your gal - 50 yard sprints - slow as a turtle!
- Speaking of turtles, my first tattoo is a turtle. I got it when I was 18. It's a reminder to remain steady. The tattoo artist told me I would one day get another tattoo. ”Highly unlikely,” I told him. Fast forward 20 years and I was once again in the tattoo chair getting a really cool tat of my kids initials. My husband came for support - I counted that evening as date night.
- My husband, Tom and I have been together for 17 years and married for 14 of them. I gave birth to three of our kids: Grace (11), Caroline (7), and Mac (4). Last year we welcomed our fourth and final kid, a furry one, of Goldendoodle decent. Her name is Josie.
- The last time our family did professional photos was in 2012, by way of Mac’s newborn session. Family selfies are our best and most recent family photo - I need to call my dear friend, Jessie and schedule a family session.
- This family selfie was taking when we went on our first family hike. I also liked to run. I have completed 5Ks, Half Marathons and one Full Marathon. My one full marathon was the Marine Corps Full Marathon is Washington DC and it was epic. The first photo of me - that's me at the finish line after the full marathon - I felt like a bad-ass.
- Truthfully, I’m kinda a bad-ass. For the last 2 ½ years, I’ve been a member at Collar City Athletics. This is such an awesome gym that delivers challenging workouts. I can do handstand push-ups and most of my Olympic lifts are over 100#.
- But with all this activity, I need down time. In no particular order, my favorite TV shows are: Homeland, Billions, Game of Thrones, Bloodline, Stranger Things, You’re the Worst, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, and Jane the Virgin!!
- Quick PSA, if you have any binge worthy Netflix shows not previously mentioned - please send me a message. Thanks in advance.
- Tom and I are HUGE Pearl Jam fans. Did you see they are eligible for induction to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame? Come hell or high water, we will be there! I work like a boss to maximize the number of shows we attend during a single tour. We constantly meet fans who have seen them 100 times and we totally envious.
- If you are equally as obsessed with Pearl Jam, please let's work together. While we will conduct business virtually, we can plan our tour stops together - for real!
- Grace, our oldest daughter, finds our obsession with Pearl Jam highly annoying. In fact, on more than one occasion she has, very seriously asked, “When will the two of you grow up and end this Pearl Jam nonsense?”
- Our response: NEVER!
- While Tom is my soulmate, my first love was Luke Skywalker.
- So you should know that I am a Star Wars fan. Thankfully our kids are too. My son thinks Darth Vader is the bomb.
- I’m also an avid reader. As of late I’m reading books on feminine energy, I know it may sound a little woo-woo but it's really good stuff. Want a recommendation? Try this, this or this and let me know what you think!
- However, I do love me a business book. My favorite biz book is Essentialism. Please add this to your must read list if you haven’t read it already.
- I love business. After running a product based business and managing finances for numerous organizations, I understand bookkeeping and operational needs of businesses. Having cloud based accounting software is everything. I recommend Xero.
- I’m realizing I started this list as eight fun tidbits and now I’m at number 18. As I bookkeeper, I’m not demonstrating my number crunching skills.
- But honestly, I've rambled on because I want you to get to know me and I want you to know that I care about you and your business. I care what your numbers mean. It’s not just numbers for numbers sake with me, it’s what the numbers make possible.
- So #20 seems like a better place to end, so let me say this…If you made it this far, I think we have a future together. Let me buy you a virtual cup of coffee (or tea) and let’s see how we can get your financials working for you!
Ready to work together? Here’s How.